Friends of Adswood Park
Councillor Lane, Adswood
Adswood Park opened to
the public in June 1913 as Adswood Recreation Ground.
The park is undergoing much improvement, which has included the
creation of a play area, perimeter fencing, comprehensive management
of the mature tree stock, changes to land management techniques,
installation of signage, an entrance feature, park furniture,
refurbishment of the pavilion and the establishment of a permanent
site-based Community Parks Officer. It is hoped that the Green Flag
Award will further raise the profile of Adswood Park and, in doing
so, encourage the local community to make use of and contribute
towards the park’s wellbeing for many years to come.