The aim of the Stockport Nature Network (the Network) is to address
issues of sustainability, biodiversity and conservation in the area
1. To provide a single point of contact for the consideration of
nature and biodiversity issues within the Metropolitan Borough of
2. To work in partnership with all interested parties, stakeholders,
landowners, land managers and other agencies where issues of nature
conservation and biodiversity arise.
3. To consult with officers of Stockport MBC when issues of nature
conservation cause concern on publicly or council owned land.
4. To make representations when planning proposals or developments
5. To act as a unified facility, when appropriate, to seek financial
aid for wildlife and nature conservation projects from grant making
6. To explore and establish links with the private sector for the
purpose of sponsorship of wildlife projects.
7. To receive and consider reports, when appropriate, from the
various focus groups established under the Action Plan for Nature
8. To promote environmentally responsible procurement of goods and
services, minimise waste production, re-use and recycle.